Head of Government & Public Affairs - France
With an annual turnover of $24.1 billion and fleet of over two million vehicles spread across 10,000 locations worldwide, Enterprise Holdings – owner and operator of the Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Alamo Rent A Car and National Car Rental brands – is a company that’s grown into the largest global mobility provider in the world. Working with Enterprise Holdings provides an exciting opportunity with a family-owned company that continues to grow globally to expand its footprint and deliver our exceptionally high level of customer service to customers around the world.
We are excited to announce the addition of Head of Government & Public Affairs – France. This new position will be housed in our French headquarters in Paris. The primary focus in this role will be to develop and advance Enterprise’s legislative agenda at all levels of French government, while increasing awareness about our company with public officials. You will be responsible for developing and delivering a government affairs strategy; supporting strategic business interests and policy development; strengthening our engagement with industry associations and coalitions; and advising senior leadership on a broad range of political and legislative issues.
This role reports directly to the Head of Government and Public Affairs - Europe and will liaise with all levels of management including our senior leadership team to understand the key objectives for the company.
To succeed in this role, you must have extensive experience in French government relations and public affairs; and, have an exceptional aptitude to master policy areas that directly, and indirectly, impact Enterprise Holdings’ business interests. You must be comfortable in cogently representing and building support for company positions, including like-minded stakeholders.
- Act as a first point of contact for all national policy, legislative, or regulatory issues;
- Represent Enterprise externally to government and political stakeholders;
- Analyze, review and summarize proposed legislative and regulatory actions as to their positive, or detrimental, impact on the transport and mobility (car and truck rental, sales, leasing, sharing, etc.) industry at large;
- Communicate significant legislative or regulatory proposals to various levels of management for review and coordination of responses;
- Develop strategies to address issues in consultation with Enterprise’s contract lobbyists and corporate Government and Public Affairs team;
- Analyse legislative and governmental trends to recommend company actions needed to address these issues effectively;
- Formulate and effectively communicate company positions on issues to appropriate stakeholders;
- Support policy development and advocacy for strategic business interests;
- Manage the relationships with contracted public affairs agencies;
- Coordinate political meetings and attend political functions on behalf of Enterprise Holdings;
- Attend government related conferences and participate in appropriate organisations (including in leadership roles) that further the reputation of Enterprise Holdings as a leader in corporate responsibility;
- Serve as a policy liaison between Enterprise and other industry and trade associations;
- Develop comprehensive programs to increase awareness and recognition of EHI as a responsible corporate leader, including the training and support of other EHI employees who engage with government officials.
- Advise and consult with the French business leaders on local issues;
- Collect and process various data for analysis and reporting;
- Extensive results-oriented experience working with French government bodies including local government; and, fluency in French and English
Competency Based Qualifications:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
- Ability to work independently
- Reliability with respect to attention to detail and adherence to confidentiality standards
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Ability to travel across France, to the UK and to the global headquarters in America, as needed